Some people collect coins or stamps. We like to collect EMC design guidelines.
EMC Design Guideline Collection
Over the past 25 years, we've had opportunities to work with a wide variety of companies to solve circuit-board or system-level EMC problems. During this time, we've encountered all kinds of EMC design rules. Some of them are helpful, some not-so-helpful, and some practically guarantee that your product will have EMC problems.
We've published our favorite EMC design rules (the good, the bad and the ugly) on this web site. Rules on this site were collected primarily from lists maintained by companies for internal use. Additional rules were gleaned from published books, technical papers and application notes. Please note that LearnEMC does not endorse any of the EMC design rules (we prefer to call them "guidelines") on this site. Like stamps or coins, our collection is being put on display for your information and entertainment. We hope you enjoy it!
- Why You Should Be Cautious About Using EMC Design Guidelines
- The Most Important EMC Design Guidelines
- Other Good EMC Design Guidelines
- Not-So-Good EMC Design Guidelines
- Some of the Worst EMC Design Guidelines
- Effective Application of EMC Design Guidelines
- Commercial EMC Rule Checkers